On 26 December each year - the anniversary of his arrest and imprisonment in Iran - many of you join us in praying for Farshid Fathi’s release and for ongoing strength for him and his family.
On Boxing Day, united prayer rises up for Farshid, and the many other imprisoned Iranian Christians whom he represents.
Prayer prompts are put out on the Free Farshid facebook page on 26 December. Updates on Farshid are posted regularly during the year, so please do 'like' the page to keep up to date.
Here are some guidelines on how to pray for Farshid and others in prison:
- Protection by the whole 'Armour of God’, especially in their minds and spirits
- Steadfast endurance to stand firm
- Recognition and rejection of all false accusation and manipulation
- Complete dependence on the Lord and protection from fear
- Miracles, visions of Jesus and of heaven
- Compassion towards their persecutors
- Words of wisdom and knowledge when responding to interrogation
- Trust to place into the Lord's hands their families and church members
- Strength to witness boldly to other prisoners and interrogators
- Access to scripture and opportunity to speak to their loved ones
Pray for their Persecutors:
- Conviction of wrong and fear of harming prisoners
- Confused and futile reasoning when interrogating
- Hunger to know Jesus
Pray for other Prisoners:
- Conviction of sin
- Clear witness to them
- Repentance and salvation